Vocational Education and Training
All Year 11 students enrolled in a General program will be required to complete at least one Certificate II or higher to achieve the Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE).
Sevenoaks is ideally placed to meet these requirements as we have been offering Certificates at this level since we opened.
In addition to Certificates offered on campus at Sevenoaks, students can enrol at TAFE to complete a range of courses while still remaining enrolled in school.
Please contact the Program Coordinator – Vocational Education and Training (VET) for details about the certificates offered, on 9356 4900.
NOTE: All students studying a Certificate program require an Unique Student Identifier (USI). Further information is provided below.
The Unique Student Identifier or USI is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, even from different training organisations
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts (available in late 2016)
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life.
In addition, individuals who have a genuine personal objection to being assigned a student identifier will be able to apply for an exemption to the Student Identifiers Registrar: https://www.usi.gov.au/training-organisations/training-organisation-requirements/exemptions-individuals.
If you are successful in gaining an exemption you must be aware that:
- Assessment results will not appear on their authenticated VET transcript or be available to them via the USI System.
- If the student later wants a USI, the training completed under exemption cannot be added to their USI account retrospectively.
Students who do not already have an USI should read the Getting a USI Information document that can be downloaded from VET documents