Vocational Education and Training
In addition to Certificates offered on campus at Sevenoaks, students can enrol at TAFE to complete a range of courses while still remaining enrolled in school.
Please contact the Program Coordinator – Vocational Education and Training (VET) for details about the certificates offered, on 9356 4900.
NOTE: All students studying a Certificate program require an Unique Student Identifier (USI). Further information is provided below.
The Unique Student Identifier or USI is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, even from different training organisations
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts (available in late 2016)
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life.
In addition, individuals who have a genuine personal objection to being assigned a student identifier will be able to apply for an exemption to the Student Identifiers Registrar: https://www.usi.gov.au/training-organisations/training-organisation-requirements/exemptions-individuals.
If you are successful in gaining an exemption you must be aware that:
- Assessment results will not appear on their authenticated VET transcript or be available to them via the USI System.
- If the student later wants a USI, the training completed under exemption cannot be added to their USI account retrospectively.
Students who do not already have an USI should read the Getting a USI Information document that can be downloaded from VET documents