All Year 11 students enrolled in a General program will be required to complete at least one Certificate II or higher to achieve the Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE).
Sevenoaks is ideally placed to meet these requirements as we have been offering Certificates at this level since we opened.
In addition to Certificates offered on campus at Sevenoaks, students can enroll at TAFE to complete a range of courses while still remaining enrolled in school. These off-campus programs are identified below.
NOTE: All students studying a Certificate program require an Unique Student Identifier (USI). Further information is provided below.
On campus programs
Sevenoaks Senior College is a Registered Training Organisation, provider number 51891, approved to deliver the certificate course:
- BSB20115 – Certificate II in Business
Students considering enrolment in the Certificate II in Business must read the Enrolment Information that can be downloaded from VET documents.
As an Independent Public School the College offers the following certificate courses on behalf of other Register Training Organisations:
- 22252VIC – Certificate in English as an Additional Language (Employment)
- SIT20316 – Certificate II in Hospitality
- CUV20111 – Certificate II in Visual Arts
- CUA20615 – Certificate II in Music Industry
Canning Skills program
- 22237VIC – Certificate II in General Adult Education
- 22236VIC – Certificate I in General Adult Education
Trade Training Centre program
- AUR20716 – Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
- MEM20413 – Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
As contracts to deliver these certificates on behalf of other Registered Training Organisations are not finalized until the end of year, the specific Registered Training Organisations details for 2017 cannot be confirmed at this time.
The name of the relevant RTO and their specific documentation is confirmed at the commencement of training and assessment.
Certificate II or higher programs that are delivered at a TAFE one or two days per week while students study the other days at Sevenoaks Senior College are often called Profile programs.
As part of a student’s enrolment in a General program at Sevenoaks Senior College they select one of the Certificate programs offered on campus at College.
They may also apply for a ‘Profile’ program offered by a TAFE. If a student is accepted into a profile program, they will be re-counselled in their overall subject selection at College.
Information about the programs offered at each TAFE can be downloaded:
Students apply directly to the TAFE using this links.
Applications close: 30 September 2016.
NOTE: Students enrolling at Sevenoaks Senior College should identify their current school and Sevenoaks Senior College as their school in 2017. Your current school will be approached for a reference.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
All students studying a Certificate program while at Sevenoaks Senior College requires an Unique Student Identifier (USI).
If you are a new or continuing student undertaking nationally recognised training, you need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment. If you don’t have a USI you will not receive your qualification or statement of attainment.
The Unique Student Identifier or USI is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, even from different training organisations
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts (available in late 2016)
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life
Exemptions are provided for an individual where the individual is an offshore international student studying outside of Australia.
In addition, individuals who have a genuine personal objection to being assigned a student identifier will be able to apply for an exemption to the Student Identifiers Registrar: https://www.usi.gov.au/training-organisations/training-organisation-requirements/exemptions-individuals.
If you are successful in gaining an exemption you must be aware that:
- Assessment results will not appear on their authenticated VET transcript or be available to them via the USI System.
- If the student later wants a USI, the training completed under exemption cannot be added to their USI account retrospectively.
Students who do not already have an USI should read the Getting a USI Information document that can be downloaded from VET documents