Sevenoaks Senior College supports students for their future studies through comprehensive study skills programs.
- Pathway to Year 12 (for year 11 exam students)
- Pathways to University (for year 12 exam students)
Our College understands the importance of preparing students for the changing world of exam courses and heading towards tertiary education. The programs are delivered by the Teacher Librarian, the Coordinator of Student Outcomes and the Careers Teacher.
The Pathway courses are run on Wednesdays at 2.40pm and are compulsory for students that are studying three or more exam courses.
Some of the topics that are covered in both programs are:
- Time management skills
- Organisational strategies
- Exam preparation strategies
- Research skills
- Guest speakers from university, TAFE and other government and private organisations
- Visits to various Career Expos
- Preparing for the WACE exams