The Advocacy Program provides pastoral care to all students at Sevenoaks Senior College and supports our students to adapt to a young adult learning environment.
It is a mentoring program that supports students in all aspects of their senior schooling so that they leave our College well prepared for their future beyond school. Key areas of support include attendance, academic performance and achievement of post-school goals.
Every student is assigned to an Advocate who will stay with that student for their entire time at Sevenoaks. Advocacy is a timetabled class one day per week and students will also meet individually with their Advocate several times per term to discuss individual goals.
Features of our Advocacy Program:
- Weekly meetings where students discuss and explore the issues that affect them as young adults.
- Individual meetings with a focus on each student’s goals for achieving to the highest standard possible.
- Advice and support for students as they prepare for their future beyond school.
- Referral to the Careers Adviser and other student services to support students achieve their goals.
- First point of contact for students regarding any issues distracting them or challenging them as they strive to complete their senior schooling.