Only students aged 16 – 19 in their final two years of schooling are able to attend Sevenoaks Senior College.
The key characteristics of our senior college are:
- Students and staff operate within a Young Adult Ethos where students are supported to take responsibility and work in partnership with each other and all staff to achieve their post-school goals.
- The timetable operates between 8am and 4.30pm daily.
- We utilise our partnerships with universities, other training institutions and business and industry to provide students with access to the best expertise available.
- Technology is extensively used to support each student’s educational program which includes the development of independent learning skills.
- Importance is placed on vocational learning for all students and provision is made for students to undertake learning in the workplace or attend TAFE to support their goals.
- A unique Advocacy program operates to ensure all students are strongly supported to optimise their performance. All teachers are Advocate teachers for a small group of students who they work with throughout their time at Sevenoaks.
- The College resources are available across an extended day.
- Research based decision making and planning is incorporated into all our processes.
- Student attendance is marked for every timetabled class. This enables students to move freely about the campus or access nearby facilities such as the Cannington Leisureplex or Library when they have breaks between classes.